The company has implemented a health and safety management system, which is certified according to the international standard OHSAS 18001. In this context, it conducts preventive emergency response exercises, in order to verify the readiness and effectiveness of the staff. The Protection Service prepares by participating in the writing of the Emergency Plans (EMCs), distributes the documents to the staff, prepares and conducts the exercises. During the readiness exercises, the Fire Protection team videotapes and takes several photos for educational purposes. The group meets at regular intervals and promotes the above support material.
In addition to conducting and analyzing the exercises, the Fire Protection team has the appropriate mobile equipment and the appropriate means of intervention. Indicatively, the equipment consists of the following:
1. Fire trucks.
2. Spare ambulance, which supports the main ambulance of the Factory Clinic.
3. Mobile high pressure pumps (wheeled) for cases of firefighting and water pumping.
4. Portable fire extinguishers.
5. Rescue equipment in case of falls from a height.
6. Equipment for release from closed and confined spaces.
7. Portable breathing apparatus for the safe operation and escape of personnel.
8. Rescue stretchers.
9. Other firefighting equipment (eg hoses, nozzles, portable fire extinguishers).
10. Other intervention equipment (eg warning cones, chainsaws).
11. Special PPE (eg fireproof uniforms, uniforms for protection against chemical agents).
The above equipment is certified and periodically inspected for suitability and effectiveness. The specific audits follow the requirements of the current legislation and the corresponding standards.